Gina Writes Words: Reading His Mind by Melissa Shirley - Release Day

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Reading His Mind by Melissa Shirley - Release Day

Blurb:

Lyric Brenner is not your average girl. Her start in life was rough. She hardly speaks to her twin sister. And, oh yeah. She can read minds, dabble in the thoughts of others. On her own since she was sixteen, Lyric learned to use her gift to land a lucrative high dollar job in the court system, protect herself from liars, cheats, and baristas with bad attitudes and, more often than not, amuse herself. 

Lyric has never forgotten Jace Laugherty or his kiss. Running into him again seems unlikely. But a little shoe-icide, a crazy ex, and a dinner gathering her whole dysfunctional family together, paves the road to happiness with lopsided cobblestones. Can they find love before they lose each other again?

Excerpt:

As suddenly as he’d become playful, he turned the tables, gazing at me while holding my hand between both of his. “What about you, my little Lyric? Can you see yourself kissing it better?”
Hell, yes, I could. I cleared my throat, blinking away the stars in my eyes. “You’d better stick to the barflies and the bachelorettes, mean boy. Flirting with me is pretty useless.”
“Yeah?”
I nodded, pulling away.
“Why is that?” Jace had never met a challenge he didn’t like, and I’d just issued one by accident. Maybe.
If my hammering heart hadn’t been enough to set me on the run, the mischief written on his face would have had me searching out the nearest exit at warp speed. I hopped off the barstool and swayed, certain my next move would be to hit the floor.
Jace’s arms came around me, and a new kind of dizzy clouded my vision. “Where’re you going?”
“You’re too sexy and too pretty, and I’m weak. I should go before I do something stupid.”
His eyes, the exact color of the most comfy jeans I owned, half closed as he looked into mine. “You can’t say something like that then leave me here alone,” he whispered.

Buy Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment